Sempre fui a criança diferente das outras
2020.10.10 17:46 P4d0 Sempre fui a criança diferente das outras
PS: Achei ficou mto grande, meio fora de ordem e acho que usei muitas aspas, então peço desculpas caso isso incomode alguém.
submitted by P4d0
to desabafos [link] [comments]
2020.10.08 21:27 BanditBen84 PiBoy DMG: One week in
Thought I would get some points down after a week with the PiBoy. If nothing else, it will be interesting for me after a month and a few months to see what's changed, if anything.
I can already feel this will be very long, so I won't be offended if you skip!
So in no particular order:
- Overall physical quality of the unit is everything I hoped for. Really nails the OEM quality of a Nintendo product as if they had evolved the original DMG themselves. I've worked in injection moulding for a long time and these are some extremely high quality parts. Easily in the realm of notoriously picky automotive companies.
- I'm an Engineer, so my mind seems permanently stuck on spotting the smallest flaws. The only things I've noticed are a tiny mark on the inside of the glass lens and couple of specks of dust trapped under there. Both not visible when switched on. Very impressive that these are the only things I've seen actually!
- Set up is a breeze and I've spent many very enjoyable hours transferring roms and making tweaks. Will be doing so for a long time yet.
- Goldeneye on N64. It plays so so good with CPU set to 2000MHz and GPU to 750MHz. I've been needing this for years in a handheld.
- Cheap but reliable 256GB Micro SD card is a joy to behold in here. Will most likely switch to 512GB when the price is right and the need is there.
- Assembly of the DIY kit is very easy. I did it way too late in the evening and forgot to put the HDMI screws in. Was annoyed with myself but took 10 mins to sort. Again, quality inside is on point. Clear case would look pretty good with these internals.
- Power LED throws out the blinding light of 1,000 suns directly into my retinas. Tiny piece of painters tape is fine for now. Internal light filters through the case in some areas. Again, easily sorted if annoys you. Personally it doesn't bother me.
- Fan noise is pretty noticeable on a quiet evening. Will look into replacing in the future, but for now, volume up!
- Aspect ratio. Perfect. So glad to play my favourite 8/16-Bit games especially in the intended aspect ratio, without borders or stretching. Resolution seems good too, being able to read any text that has popped up regardless of size. Viewing angle is also very good. Had no issues playing in any normal position.
- Couldn't get built in scraper to work through Emulation Station. Tried Steven Selph's, didn't work also. Came back to built in scraper, worked beautifully (other than me having some systems roms in individual folders). Need to remove those so that box art and descriptions are shown on list view rather than only appearing after selecting a rom. Easy for the likes of Genesis, not so much with Dreamcast and multiple files and formats within a folder.
- Being able to hook up to the big screen and use my favourite 8bitdo controllers is a joy. Most of the time will be handheld for me, but on those particular evenings..wow!
- I'm a little familiar with Raspberry Pi's after tinkering with them before. I have had to look up a few things, but find the best approach is to explore what's in there and find my own way. Still enjoy finding new things from others and seeing how they work though.
- I swapped the shouldetrigger buttons for the red ones. As I expected, the flat ones were too tricky to find blind. Red ones are a good compromise between usability and aesthetics. Wouldn't want ones that stick out more and throw the look and feel out.
- Analog stick is better than expected. I don't mind the PS Vita ones at all, but this feels better to me. The rim around the top surface helps a lot with grip.
- When it came time to type commands or play around with Amiga, I pushed the tiny USB receiver of my Logitech MK270 keyboard into a USB port and it worked perfectly right away.
- I don't really understand the comments about the Micro USB port. USB 3.0 ports are right there on top for data transfer. For charging with the supplied 3A charger, it does the job just fine. If an upgrade USB-C port is ever offered, I'll probably take it just because I like to tinker.
- Easily replaceable battery is excellent on a device like this. Will take no time to upgrade in the future as battery technology improves.
- Space on back for model/serial sticker. Would be nice to have a sticker on there proudly showing it's heritage. Easy enough to find something unique to put there if desired though.
- Crackling/humming/whining can be heard through the speaker at times, but not during gameplay. I've heard noises from button presses, while script is running and changing between emulators. Maybe a future update will fix, but not annoying, just something I noticed.
- Included pouch is pretty nice, but I won't use it much. I've been using a Pelican 1040 case, in which the PiBoy fits in as though it's an official accessory. I made a separate post on this with images. I'm comfortable throwing it into any bag in this. Easily customisable too!
Overall, I think it's as good as I hoped it would be. This in itself is a big thing for me after years of being at least mildly disappointed with a lot of handhelds. The versatility which the Pi gives it is just mind blowing.
I've shown it to friends who are die hard gamers in general, retro fanatics (like me), or not usually interested in gaming of any kind. Every one of their responses has been overwhelmingly positive and most have expressed disbelief at what this thing can do.
As many things I have that are from Chinese companies that are good quality, the market is flooded with mediocre at best emulator handhelds. It feels good to have an American company put something out this good and at a reasonable price.
If/when the time came where preorders were up for a GBA styled system, I would be in there in a heartbeat!
submitted by BanditBen84
to PiBoy [link] [comments]
2020.10.08 15:37 readingrachelx Housewife highlights/Daily shit talk - October 8th, 2020
- 'REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NY' Hires Eboni K. Williams (TMZ) The "Real Housewives of New York City" is making a little history ... now that producers have hired their first Black cast member in the show's 13-year run. TMZ's learned the Bravo series hired Eboni K. Williams to join the Big Apple ladies for season 13, which is already in production. The attorney and TV host is ecstatic about her new gig, telling us ... "NYC is filled with successful and dynamic Black women. I’m excited to join this legendary franchise as the first Black housewife. Can’t wait to share a slice of life in this city that hasn’t been seen before." She added, "Anyone who’s aware of my work knows I don’t hold back. I’m going to keep it just as real here as I do everywhere else." The 37-year-old Charlotte native co-hosted "FOX News Specialists" before leaving FNC at the end of 2018. For a short time, Eboni co-hosted a talk show on WABC Radio in NYC and currently co-hosts "State of the Culture" on Diddy's REVOLT TV. Eboni earned her law degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law -- and she clerked for Louisiana's Secretary of State and the state's Attorney General. Bottom line ... she can hold her own in an argument, which should come in handy. As we reported, the show's producers also shot with Bershan Shaw, another potential Black housewife. In the end, they decided Eboni was the better fit as a full-time cast member. We're told it's still possible Bershan will make appearances."
- Little video clip of Ramonja having a visit together (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
- Shannon Beador on the Demise of the Tres Amigas and Starting Fresh on 'RHOC' (ET Online Exclusive) "Shannon Storms Beador is the last "amiga" standing on The Real Housewives of Orange County, and she's OK with that -- though it did take some getting used to for the 56-year-old. "I'm not gonna lie, at the very beginning of filming I was a little concerned, because I didn't really have close relationships with any of the cast," Shannon tells ET over video chat from her Newport Beach home. "But you know, what has been nice about it is that I have been able to develop those relationships now that Vicki and Tamra aren't there." Shannon says what Tamra and Vicki have put out there is simply not true (re: the demise of their friendship), at least not her truth. She suggests she didn't know how they were feeling because the women went to the press first, instead of to Shannon. "I dispute what they've said," she says. "I am not the person to sink down to a level to argue with people -- that I consider close friends -- in the press or on social media. That's not who I am, that's not what I'm made of, so I just feel like I have a little bit more decorum than they do. I don't wanna engage with them, except to say that the things that they've been saying, especially Tamra, it's a laundry list of things that aren't true." Shannon, who is now RHOC*'*s longest-running current star (she joined in season 9), says she has no contact with her former "BFFs," with no plans to change that in the near future, either. "It's interesting when people say, 'You can pick up the phone….' What moron would pick up the phone when someone's been bashing them for months on end?" she asks. "I mean, it almost got to a point where it was weekly, where yet another untruth [would come out] and, you know -- I take the high road in those situations, and I'm gonna continue to do that." "I really have no reason to be around them anymore," Shannon adds. "We live, like, 45 minutes away from each other, so it's not like we're in the same social circles or anything like that. I don't know when I would ever potentially run into them again." "I suppose I should never say never, 'cause I'm one of those people that have said, 'I'm done!' And then we're friends, and Kelly Dodd might be an example of that. So, never say never, but for now I don’t, I have no desire.” Shannon says Kelly, her frenemy on the show for five years now, actually helped her process the end of her relationship with Vicki and Tamra, who was publicly upset when Shannon shared a photo posing with Kelly. "It just hurt my feelings," Tamra said to ET. "She was always the one telling me last year, 'Don't hang out with Kelly, don't hang out with Kelly, don't hang out with Kelly,’ you know?” Shannon says her opinion of Kelly was largely based on Tamra's experience with the outspoken Housewife. The pair sparred for years, especially in Tamra's final season, sharing below-the-belt jabs back and forth episode after episode. "I'm a very loyal friend, so if you attack my best friend, in my eyes you're attacking me," Shannon explains. "I had some revelations after she kind of explained what she was doing. Now, do I think her intentions towards Tamra were kind or nice? No. But I took them personally, that she was going after me, as well, and she explained to me that she wasn't and what she said made sense to me, so when I hear that, I'm going to give her another chance." Shannon and Kelly’s journey toward friendship will be a central part of the early episodes of *RHOC'*s 15th season. The women are now neighbors, living within walking distance of one another. "I don't like to argue with anyone," she adds. "I do have opinions -- always -- and I have no fear of expressing them. That being said, I don't like to be in arguments with people, I just don't." Kelly’s behavior during the coronavirus pandemic has sparked much controversy in the Real Housewives fanbase. The 45-year-old spent much of the first few weeks of California’s lockdown orders traveling the country, hopping up and down the East Coast with her fiancé, Fox News correspondent Rick Leventhal. Amid her travels, the reality star frequently went on Instagram Live to share her non-expert opinions on the state of the virus, even suggesting everyone should go out and catch COVID-19 "like chickenpox," among other comments. She's apologized for some, but Kelly's never stopped posting on social media about the virus, often sharing false information. "I don't necessarily agree with a lot of things that she said," Shannon says of Kelly’s pandemic activity. "She puts her foot in her mouth a lot and it's not good. You know, when this pandemic first hit, I was petrified. Like I couldn't sleep. I was a mess, and so people are still dying from it. It's a serious illness and you don't know if you're going to be seriously affected by it or not." Shannon and her three daughters -- Sophie, 18, and twins Adeline and Stella, 16 -- contracted the virus over the summer. They documented their battle with the disease for RHOC, and Shannon says some of Kelly’s comments have been “horrible.” Kelly continues to spark more controversy with her seeming lack of interest in, or concern for, the call for racial justice in America. She recently defended wearing a hat emblazoned with the phrase "Drunk Wives Matter," stylized to look like the Black Lives Matter logo. Fans should expect to see the cast discuss both the pandemic and the reckoning on racism with Kelly onscreen this season, most likely by way of Braunwyn Windham-Burke. The season 14 newbie has been outspoken on social media about the social movement and the 2020 presidential election. Shannon seems to have mixed feelings about Braunwyn this season, even though they spent most of season 14 in a good place. Judging by the trailer, Braunwyn finds herself at odds with most of the women in her sophomore season. "She just kind of, I feel like, came in guns blazing and I think you see from the trailer I'm not pleased with some of the things that she's done," Shannon shares. "I think you'll see in the season some of us kind of perplexed a little bit about what's going on with her." "All of us kind of have our antennas raised with Braunwyn this season," she teases. "Was the love shack real? Was it really?" There's also a new girl this year, Elizabeth Lyn Vargas, and historically, Shannon has not gotten along with the new cast members (for reference, see: Meghan King Edmonds, Peggy Sulahian, Gina Kirschenheiter, Emily Simpson and, most famously, Lydia McLaughlin). "She's a lot, Elizabeth Vargas is a lot," Shannon admits. "I had fun with her … she was fun, but you know, we kind of had a little something, too. She's a very complex person and I'll just leave it at that. There's a lot of layers to peel off." Fans can judge Elizabeth for themselves -- and everything else that unfolds in season 15 -- when The Real Housewives of Orange County premieres next Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo."
- Annnnd Tamra has already replied to Shannon (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
- Tour of Braunwyn's new home for bravotv.com insider (realhousewivesfranchise Instagram)
- Erika Girardi Claps Back at Critic Who Questioned What Her Son Would Think of Her Lingerie Photos (people.com) "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star recently clapped back at an Instagram commenter who used her 26-year-old police officer son, Tommy Zizzo, to shame her photos. “Hum, whats your son think about these types of photos you post and all his fellow officers seeing it?” the user wrote below photos Girardi shared of herself posing in lingerie and heels. Girardi, 49, then responded, “They have more important things to worry about than me. Nice try.”
- RHOBH’s Lisa Rinna, 57, shares incredible bikini snap after being shamed by trolls for posing in lingerie shoot (The Scottish Sun) "Lisa Rinna has hit back at trolls who told her she was too old to pose in lingerie by posting a snap of herself in skimpy bikini - and offering a political PSA. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, 57, posed in a rainbow sequin bikini and captioned the snap by suggesting she was going to offer up her exercise and diet routine. But instead, she wrote: "I start by voting as early as possible for #joebiden and #kamalaharris and all of the other democratic candidates. "Then try isaacboots Torch’d class which will tone dat ass so then you can kick some white supremacists ass cuz the president is racist." Lisa concluded: "This was inspired by zoeisabellakravitz 🙌🏻 #vote." The post came after she shared behind the scenes video of a lingerie shoot but was attacked by fans for her lack of "self-respect."
- ‘RHOBH’: Thom Filicia From ‘Queer Eye’ Has the Inside Scoop Behind ‘Puppygate’ (cheatsheet.com) "Filicia got the scoop when he did Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and Kyle Richards from RHOBH was a co-guest. “I was on with Kyle and everyone loves Kyle,” Filicia recounted on the Behind the Velvet Rope with David Yontef podcast. “So I was super excited to meet her,” he recalled. “Because I thought she was going to be this amazing person and so great. And I watched the episodes and I have to say her husband’s like, I love him. He seems like a really great guy. And a great dad and he’s kind of hunky. I’ve actually seen him at Aspen with his daughters. You know, because I’m a big skier. But I have to say, I didn’t think she was super savvy. Because I couldn’t believe that she bought this story about the dog.” “The interesting thing about that dog, which I can’t believe I’m talking about it because I couldn’t believe how boring the whole thing was,” Filicia said. “But Dorit and her husband, I think she just wanted that dog because it was like a good storyline. And she got the dog and they don’t really want a dog.” “And so what I found out behind the scenes, which was not talked about on Watch What Happens Live is that what was posed to me was that,” he added. “And I don’t even want to repeat how it was said because I think it was one of the tackiest things anyone has ever said to me.” “But what it was, it was about how it was $5,000 to return the dog to [Vanderpump Dogs] you know, shelter or whatever,” he said. “So to avoid the $5,000, that’s the real reason that the dog was put where it was put, but no one wanted to talk about that on television.” "I don’t know if that was ever talked about, but I do know in the green room behind that, I was told, ‘Look, I’m rich, but $5,000 is $5,000.’ And I was like, ‘We’re talking about a dog. We’re not talking about a house plant.’ You know what I mean?” Filicia said. “And if you sign a contract, just follow the rules, you know, and it’s like they all live very excessive lifestyles and I’m just like, I’m sure $5,000 is a dinner.” “So just do the right thing,” he said. “Be an elegant person. Step up to the plate and you know, be real. So I was just kind of like, huh?” Filicia added, “They said ‘I can’t believe that she was trying to be kind of difficult about this.’ And I was like, actually, she was kind of nice about it on camera, but like I said, but apparently, she was defending Dorit at this time.”
- Brandi Glanville slams Ramona Singer on her ‘mortifying’ behaviour! (realhousewivesfranchise Instagram/Brandi Glanville unfiltered podcast) "On her Brandi Glanville Unfiltered podcast on October 2, Brandi spoke with former RHONY cast member Barbara Kavovit about Ramona. Brandi noted that she met Ramona in Los Angeles when Kristen Taekman, invited her to dinner with them. “I was mortified. I had two of my girlfriends with me, she was so rude to them, she was rude to the waiter, she was rude to everyone and I was just like, I come to this restaurant all the time, I know the waiter’s name, he’s nice, you can’t treat people like shit,” Brandi said during the podcast. Although Brandi was less than impressed with Ramona’s behaviour at dinner, she did admit that Ramona makes good TV. “I do like to watch her delusion,” Brandi laughed. “She really believes all of this stuff that she’s saying! I can’t say that I don’t enjoy her on the show because I do, I love a crazy person. She believes everything that she says, she believes everything that comes out of her own mouth and it’s just … I don’t even think she listens to other people. It’s just her way or the highway.”
- RHOP star Wendy Osefo talks her first season as a housewife: My kids keep me grounded (Champagne and Shade) “It has been a journey, to say the least,” Wendy said of the path to becoming the newest Real Housewife of Potomac, noting that after friends and family gave their blessing for her to join the cast, she knew she would regret not joining while she had the opportunity. “I was asked to join the cast, and at first I didn’t want to do it,” But Wendy continued that over time, and with the encouragement of her family, she decided to do it. “I did not want to be 90 years old and look back on my life and be like ‘Oh, what would have happened if I did this?'” Her first introductions to the group were through Candiace Dillard Bassett and Karen Huger, even though we know how Karen handled that. “‘Good terms’ is an interesting word, we’re not friends,” Wendy laughed when asked if she was on good terms with Karen at the time. She added that there is no ill-will towards Huger, but they are not friends. On that same note, she explained that watching Karen’s interviews on the show was eye-opening. “If you notice, everything Karen has said about me has been in her confessionals. There hasn’t been anything that she’s said to me to my face so that was interesting watching it back. You know, where all her comments about me were in her confessionals.” As far as favorite moments from her first season as a housewife, Wendy says that the sip and see for her daughter, Kamrynn, was the obvious choice. The party was done in a way to welcome baby Kamrynn to the world in a traditional Nigerian way. That will certainly be a memory their family can look back on forever. It also sounds like Wendy’s boys both have enjoyed watching their mom join the show. When discussing ways she uses to unplug from the whole “housewives” world, Wendy credits her family for keeping her grounded. “My kids keep me grounded,” Wendy confessed. “You have to know what is a priority in your life and who is a priority in your life, and for me, my children are definitely that.” (more in article)
- Preview of this week's Potomac episode (Queens of Bravo Twitter)
- Jill Zarin says she’s not married after posing with boyfriend at wedding (Page Six) "Jill Zarin isn’t ready to become a “Real Housewife” again. The former “RHONY” star, 56, clarified that she and her longtime boyfriend Gary Brody did not say “I do” despite posing for adorable photos at a wedding. I am NOT married! I would wear a white dress! We just went to my nieces joannawexler beautiful wedding in August in Westport. My sister lisawexler.radio daughter!” she told her fans via Instagram. “But I love all the love today!” Page Six first spotted Zarin and Brody together in June 2018. They began dating after she lost her husband Bobby Zarin to cancer in January 2018. Things became serious quickly for the couple, as Brody was spotted ordering an engagement ring in June 2019 and they moved in together in August of that year. She told us in November 2019 that she is open to marrying again, but she “doesn’t know” if she would do a televised wedding."
- Every Time Vicki Gunvalson and Tamra Judge Threw Shade at the ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ Cast After Their Exits (US Weekly)
- Lauri Peterson celebrated her 13th wedding anniversary with George (Lauri Peterson Instagram)
- Gabourey Sidibe Still Feels Bad About Shading Porsha Williams From ‘RHOA’: ‘I Think About It All the Time’ (cheatsheet.com) "She was on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, and said something she truly regrets. According to Sidibe, she commented on Porsha Williams of RHOA. Now, she’s more careful when on podcasts and shows that discuss real people. “It’s really hard to talk about these housewives. I was on Watch What Happens Live and I said something that later I felt so bad. I said something about Porscha, insinuating that she was not very smart, and I think about it all the time … I feel bad.” Sidibe knows what it’s like to be talked about. It’s part of being an actor, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. “All the time, I’m just sitting here and all of a sudden somebody will say some sh*t about me on TV. And I’ll be like, ‘I was just sitting here! Why’d you do that? I don’t know you!’ I would never want something to feel that way.” She feels bad that she may have done that to Williams, so now she’s more careful about what she says."
- Real Housewives star looks stunning in her wedding dress as she says 'I do' for the second time (Manchester Evening News) A Real Housewives of Cheshire star has revealed she's walking down the aisle for a second time as she shared a glimpse of what to expect from the new series. Nicole Sealey looks stunning as she poses in her white Philip Armstrong bridal gown in photo shared on her Instagram. "Preparing for our vow renewal Are you ready to join me and joe_sealey1 to celebrate!!" she captioned the snap from their big day. And her smitten husband Joe told her: "You should celebrate marrying me twice," adding a winking emoji."
- Video: Emily Spivey on WWHL being asked to compare SNL cast members to housewives (WWHL youtube) Here are the answers she gave: Tina Fey = Bethenny Frankel, Amy Poehler = Kyle Richards, Kristin Wiig = Lisa Vanderpump, Ana Gasteyer = Luann De Lesseps, Rachel Dratch = Caroline Manzo (Emily did a pretty good Caroline impression here lol), Molly Shannon = Lea Black, Maya Rudolph = Erika Jayne
- Salt Lake City casting tape clips (realhousewivesfranchise Instagram)
submitted by readingrachelx
to RHDiscussion [link] [comments]
2020.09.28 09:21 MadFranko008 List of Amiga Games That Run On The SNES Mini (Part 1)
UPDATE 02/10/20: Added games I to M...
Being a big Amiga fan (still use real Amigas everyday) then it's been interesting to see just what the SNES Mini could handle when it comes to Amiga games...
While it aint perfect I've been pleasantly surprised to find the large number of Amiga games you can add to the SNES Mini mainly thanks to KMFDM's work on his version the the PUAE extreme core...
In case anyone's perhaps wondering why I might be surprised to find so many games do work via the core then the answer to that is simple. PUAE has for years been left behind as far as emulation goes with little to no work being done with it and was always far from perfect. In recent times though those who have added it to be able to run on the SNES Mini have improved PUAE quite a bit to where it can now run many Amiga games and run them well...
Doubt they will ever get it working with all Amiga games running smoothly and at full speed for a number of reasons, main one being AGA emulation needs a more powerful processor than the SNES Mini has and the core/ emulator would need a huge overhaul. Also many Amiga games require input from a keyboard to play them properly and there are just not enough buttons on a SNES joypad you can assign to key-presses to be able to play those games properly (yes you could use the virtual key board but that's just no a reality in the middle of playing a game)...
Anywhoo, been installing and testing some of my favourite games on the SNES Mini using ".uae" & ".hdf" format files (much better than using ADF for a number of reasons) and the following is a list of some of the games I've installed so far that run smoothly and at full speed and importantly can easily be played using the standard SNES Mini controller be it wired or wireless...
(This is just the first part of the list and I started at games beginning with "Z" and working my way backwards through the alphabet and have only now reached the letter "N", takes a lot of time to convert all these games to the ".hdf" format then add them to the SNES Mini and set each game up so it runs at its best along with individual config files/ settings, so this is a work in progress but here's a list of a games so far that run at full speed on your SNES Mini and more importantly are fully playable with the SNES joypad/ controller)...
Ice Runner, Ikari Warriors/ Ilyad/ Impact/ Impossamole/ Impossible Mission II/ Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade/ Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom/ Indigo/ Indy Heat/ Insanity Fight/ Insects In Space/ Intact/ Interchange/ International Karate +/ Into The Eagles Nest/ Iron Trackers/ Ishar - Legend Of the Fortress/ Ishar II - Messengers Of Doom/ Ishar III - The Seven Gates Of Infinity/ Ivanhoe/ The Immortal/ The Incredible Crash Dummies
Jaguar XJ220/ James Pond - Underwater Agent/ James Pond II - RoboCod/ James Pond III - Operation StarFish/ Jaws/ Jetsons - The Computer Game/ Jetstrike/ Jim Powe Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooke Jimmys Fantastic Journey/ Jinks/ Jocky Wilsons Darts Challenge/ Joe & Mac Caveman Ninja/ Joe Blade/ Joe Blade 2/ Judge Dredd/ Jug/ Jumping Jack'Son/ Jungle Strike/ Jupiter's Masterdrive/ Jurassic Park
Kelly X/ Kick Off 2 - final Whistle/ Kick Off - Extra Time/ Kid Gloves/ Kid Gloves II - The Journey Back/ Killerball/ Killing Machine/ Kingpin Bowling/ Kiros Quest/ Kult/ The Killing Game Show/ The King Of Chicago
Lamborghini American Challenge/ Last Battle/ Last Ninja Three/ Leande Leatherneck/ Leavin Teramis/ LED Storm/ Legend Of Ragnarok/ Legend Of The Lost/ Lemmings/ Lemmings 2 - The Tribes/ Lemmings 3 - All New World/ Lethal Weapon/ Lethal Xcess/ Lethal Zone/ Leviathan/ Licence To Kill/ Limes & Napoleon/ Line Of Fire/ Lionheart/ Liquid Kids/ Little Puff In Dragonland/ Live And Let Die/ Livingstone II/ Llamatron/ Locomotion/ Logic/ Log!cal/ LollyPop/ Lombard RAC Rally/ Loom/ Lords Of Wa Lorna/ Lotus Esprit - Turbo Challenge/ Lotus Esprit 2 - Turbo Challange/ Lotus Esprit III - The Ultimate Challenge/ Lupo Alberto - The Video Game/ Lure Of The Temptress/ Luxo The Light Corrido The Lost Vikings
Mach 3/ Mad Professor Mariarti/ Magic Boy/ Magic Pockets/ Magnatron/ Mahattan Dealers/ Man Hunter - New York/ MandHunter SanFrancisco/ Maniac Mansion/ Maniax/ Manic Mine Manix/ Marble Madness/ Master Axe/ Masterblaze Mauptti Island/ MayDay Squad/ McDonald Land/ Mean Arenas/ Mean Machine/ Mega Motion/ Mega Phoenix/ Mega Twins/ Mega Typhoon/ Menace/ Mercs/ Merv The Merciless/ Metal Masters/ Metal Mutant/ MF Tanks/ Miami Chase/ Micro Machines/ Microbes/ Microprose Golf/ Midnight Resistance/ Mind Walke Mindroll/ Minskies/ Mission Elevato The Magician/ Monkey Island - The Secret Of/ Monkey Island 2 - Le Chucks Revenge/ Monster Business/ Monty Pythons Flying Circus/ Moonshine Racers/ Moonstone/ Morph/ Mortal Kombat/ Mortal Kombat II/ Morton/ Mortville Mano Motor Massacre/ Motorbike Madness/ Mouse Trap/ Mouth Man/ Movem/ Mr Blobby/ Mr Do Run Run/ Mr Heli/ Mr Nutz/ The Munsters
Narc/ Nathan Neve Naughty Ones/ Navy Moves/ Navy Seals/ Nebulus/ Necronom/ Neighbours/ Netherworld / Neuronics/ Never Mind/ New York Warriors/ Nibby Nibble/ Nicky Boom/ Nicky Boom II/ Nigel Mansells Grad Prix/ Nigel Mansells World Championship/ Night Hunte Night Shift/ NightBreed/ NightDawn/ Ninja Mission (by Arcadia)/ Ninja Mission (by MasterTronic)/ Ninja Rabbits/ Ninja Spirit/ NinjaWarriors/ Nippon Safes Inc/ Nitro/ Nitro Boost Challenge/ No Buddies Land/ No Exit/ North & South/ Nova 9/ Nuclear Wa Nucleus/ The Never Ending Story II/ The New Zealand Story
One Step Beyond/ Ooops Up/ Ork/ Osca Outrun/ Outrun Europa/ OverDrive/ The Oath
A Prehistoric Tale/ Pac-Mania/ Pang/ Paperboy/ Paperboy 2/ Paradroid 90/ Paramax/ Parasol Stars/ Pegasus/ PGA European Tour Golf/ PGA Tour Golf/ Phalanx/ Phantom Fighte Phobia/ Peirre Le Chef - Out To Lunch/ Pink Panthe Pinkie/ Pipe Dream/ Pixie And Dixie/ Platoon/ Pod/ Popeye/ Popeye 2/ PowerDrive/ Predato Predator 2/ Prehistorik/ Prime Move Prince Of Persia/ Prison/ Project-X/ Project-X Special Edition/ Puffys Saga/ Purple Saturn Day/ Putty/ The Power
Q-Bic/ Quix/ Quak/ Quartz/ Quest Of Agravain
Rackneys Island/ Raffles/ Rainbow Islands/ Rambo III/ Rebellion/ Revenge Of The Mutant Camels/ Rick Dangerous/ Rick Dangerous II/ Road Rash/ RoadWars/ RoboCop 2/ Rock N Roll/ Rod-Land/ Rogue Troope Rollerpede/ Rolling Ronny/ R-Type/ Rubicon/ Ruff n Tumble/ Ruffian/ Run The Gauntlet/ RVF Honda/ Ryga The Real Ghostbusters
Saint Dragon/ Santas Xmas Cape Sarcophase Satan/ Scooby And Scrappy Doo/ Scorpio/ Scramble Spirits/ Second Samurai/ Sensible Golf/ Sensible World Of Socce Shadow Dance Shadow Of The Beast/ Shadow Of The Beast II/ Shadow Of The Beast III/ Shadow Warriors/ Shadowlands/ Shaq Fu/ Shufflepuck Cafe/ SideArms/ Sidewinde Sidewinder II/ Silk Worm/ Simon The Sorcere Sir Fred The Legend/ Ski Or Die/ Skidz/ Skrull/ Skull & CrossBones/ Skweek/ The Sentinel/ The Settlers/ The Seven Gates Of Jambala/ The Simpsons - Bart Vs The Space Mutants/ The Simpsons - Bart Vs The World/ SlackSkin & Flint/ Slaye Sleepwalke Slightly Magic/ Slip Stream/ Sly Spy Secret Agent/ Snapperazzi/ Snoopy And Peanuts/ Snow Bros/ Soccer Kid/ Soldier 2000/ Solid Gold/ Sonic Boom/ Sophellie/ Sorcerers Apprentice/ Sorcery Plus/ Space Ace/ Space Ace II/ Space Gun/ Space Harrie Space Harrier II/ Space Harrier III/ Space Race Speed Buggy/ Speedball/ Speedball 2/ Speedboat Assassins/ Spellfire The Sorcere Spherical Worlds/ Spikey In Transylvania/ Spindizzy Worlds/ Spitting Image/ Spy Vs Spy/ Spy Vs Spy II/ Spy Vs Spy III/ The Speris Legacy/ The Spy Who Loved Me/ Star Goose/ Star Wars/ Star Wars II - The Empire Strikes Back/ Star Wars III - Return Of The Jedi/ Starblaze/ Stardust/ Starglide Starians/ StarRay/ Starush/ Steel/ Steg The Slug/ Stormlord/ Street Rod/ Stride Strider II/ Stryx/ Suburban Commando/ Super C/ Super Cars/ Super Cars II/ Super Cauldron/ Super Hang-On/ Super Methane Bros/ Super Obliteration/ Super Seymore/ Super Ski/ Super Ski II/ Super Skweek/ Super Tennis Challenge/ Superfrog/ Superman/ Switchblade/ Switchblade II/ SWIV/ Swoope Sword/ Sword Of Honou Sword Of Sodan/ The Sword & The Rose
Take Em Out/ Tanglewood/ T-Bird/ Tearaway Thomas/ Tech/ Technocop/ Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles/ Tennis Cup/ Tennis Cup II/ Terminator 2 Judgement Day/ Terminator 2 The Arcade Game/ Terramex/ Terry's Big Adventure/ Test Drive II/ The Telle The Three Stooges/ Thexde Thomas The Tank Engine 2/ Thunder Blade/ Thunder Burne Thunder Jaws/ ThunderBirds/ ThunderBoy/ ThunderCats/ ThunderStrike/ Tie-Break/ Tiger Road/ Time Bandit/ Time Scanne Time Soldie Tiny Skweeks/ Tiny Troops/ Titan/ Titanic Blinky/ Titus The Fox/ The Toyottes/ Toki/ Tom And The Ghost/ Tommy Gun/ Tony & Friends/ Toobin/ Top Banana/ Top Cat/ Top Secret/ TopGear 2/ Tornado Ground Attack/ Torvak The Warrio Total Recall/ Tournament Golf/ Tower Of Babel/ T-Race Trained Assassin/ Transartica/ Transplant/ Traps N Treasures/ Treasure Trap/ Trex Warrio Triple-X/ Troddlers/ Trog/ Turbo/ Turbo Cup/ Turbo OutRun/ Turbo Trax/ Turn N Burn/ Turrican/ Turrican 2/ Turrican 3/ Tuske Twin Turbos/ TwinWorld/ Twylyte/ Typhoon/ Typhoon Thompson
The Ultimate Ride/ The Untouchables/ UFO Enemy Unknown/ Ugh!/ UNSquadron/ Under Pressure/ Uninvited/ Universal Warrio Universe/ Unreal/ Uridium 2/ USS John Young/ Utopia
Vade Valhalla 1 - The Lord Of Ininity/ Valhalla 2 - Before The Wa Vampires Empire/ Vaxine/ VectorBall/ Vengeance Of Excalibu Venus The FlyTrap/ Victory Road/ VideoKid/ Violato ViroCop/ Virus/ Vital Light/ Vixen/ Viz/ Volfied/ Voodoo Nightmare/ Vroom/ Vype Vyrus
The Wall/ The Way Of The Little Dragon/ Wacky Darts/ Wacky Races/ Walke Wally World/ Wanderer 3D/ Wanted/ War In Middle Earth/ War Machine/ Warlock The Avenge Warlocks Quest/ Warlords/ Warp/ Warzone (By Core Design)/ Warzone (By Paradox)/ Waxworks/ Ween - The Prophecy/ Weird Dreams/ Western Games/ Where Time Stood Still/ Whirligig/ Whizz/ Who Framed Roger Rabbit/ Wibble World Giddy/ Wicked/ Wild Streets/ Wild West World/ Wild Wheels/ Wind Surf Willy/ Window Wizard/ Wings/ Wings Of Death/ Wings Of Fury/ Winning Pot/ Winter Camp/ Winter Olympiad 88/ Wiz N Liz/ Wizards World/ Wizball/ Wizkid/ Wizmo/ Wolfchild/ Wolfpack/ Wonder Dog/ WonderBoy In Monsterland/ Woodys World/ World Class LeaderBoard/ Wrangle Wrath Of The Demon/ Wreckers
Xenex/ Xenomorph/ Xenon/ Xenon 2/ Xenophobe/ Xiphos/ X-It/ X-Mas Time/ X-Out/ XR-35/ Xybots
Yo! Joe!/ Yogi Bear & Friends/ Yogis Big Clean Up/ Yogis Great Escape/ Yolanda
Zak McKracken/ Zany Golf/ Zarcan/ Zardoz/ Zaxxon/ Zero Gravity/ Ziriax/ Zombi/ Zombie Apocalypse/ Zombie Apocalypse II/ Zone Warrio Zool/ Zool 2/ Zoom/ Z-Out/ Zycronix/ Zynaps
Of all the above games more than 95% of them will run at full speed on your SNES Mini (25/ 30 fps) with no audio or visual glitches. Only a handful need to be run with a 1 or 2 frame drop in RetroArch to work and all will be fully playable with just a standard SNES Mini joypad...
Hope that info helps some of you if your adding Amiga games, so that you know which ones will work and work well, I'll add more to the list as I do them as there's still a long way to go yet (about another 6 or 7 hundred games at least I want to add)...
PS: If anyone wants to know the best RetroArch settings and configs to make for adding Amiga games then I'll post that info later so you can get the games running smoothly and at full speed... :-)
submitted by MadFranko008
to RockinTheClassics [link] [comments]
2020.09.25 20:46 RosaCanina87 Lesser known systems on the RP2
| || | submitted by RosaCanina87 to retroid [link] [comments]
I love to dabble with the RP2 and especially with DIG and I am wondering what systems you got to run on that device, that are NOT
the usually known brands from Nintendo and Co. Maybe some of you got some systems running (because of childhood nostalgia?) I do not have at the moment and I would love to hear about which emulator you use for them and how you got them running! I LOVE TO EXPERIENCE NEW (OLD) SYSTEMS!
As an example... I kinda got the japanese computer PC-9801
running (kinda, because performance is like the PSP. Some games work. Some not.) I also got the POKEMON MINI
-games to run (great performance) as well as the MSX and MSX²
(I have not tried MSX²+ so far). Also... did you know the RP2 runs QUAKE under Retroarch? :D
I am still trying to get Amiga, PC-FX and SHARP-X68000 to run, with the latter running at least 1 game so far. Edit:
Here are some systems and settings used for those, interested:
Why you should bother with the Commodore 64:
- Retroarch: Vice-Core runs great, with a few options (SID-Engine to FAST-SID, Output Sample Rate to 44100. Depending on the game True Drive Emulation may be needed) (thx for Pocchite for the info!)
- C64.emu: Runs great on the Retroid Pocket 2 and looks a bit cleaner than Retroarch thanks to its "PreScale2X"-Image Effect and "linear" Image Interpolation. With both turned on it smoothes the non-square pixel aspect ratio of the C64, while still providing a pretty sharp picture.
Wonder Boy, Boulder Dash, Nebulus, Uridium+... the C64 has some really nice games. https://preview.redd.it/b3cgx02w1jp51.png?width=500&format=png&auto=webp&s=6bdb8954fef60673f36d42a8fffdcb3692204ad9
Why you should bother with the Satellaview:
- Retroarch: This Satellite-Broadcast-Service on the SNES runs pretty nicely with the old SNES9X 2005-core, but will crash practically all the others, including the otherwise great SNES9x EX+-Emulator...
The Legend of Zelda! If you are a fan of that series, there is a Super Mario AllStars-like Remake of the original NES-Zelda on that thing. Also one for ExciteBike. https://preview.redd.it/v5atumxw1jp51.png?width=300&format=png&auto=webp&s=0c15ce1ad715d10250d2fbaec05b5cc93e65e833
Why you should bother with the Sharp X68000:
- Retroarch: You will need a BIOS-File called "iplrom.dat" and a font-file called "cgrom.dat" in a folder named "keropi" inside of Retroarchs System-Folder! Also you need .m3u-playlist files for multi-disk-games, which the FrontEnd DIG can create automatically. The Cores name is PX68k. It has a quite a bit of a load time at start, so dont close the emulator instantly!
Castlevania! The Sharp X68000 has some great ports of games, like Ys, Prince of Persia, Gradius and Cotton, but most interestly is a SNES-Style-Remake of the original NES-Castlevania, which is a joy to play for every Castlevania-Fan! As far as I know there is a PS1-Port of that, too... but with heavy dithering baked into the art of the game... https://preview.redd.it/f9xsag342jp51.png?width=500&format=png&auto=webp&s=d63ed111cad7e28ee6b3f221c7ddf4b6b96d1998
Why you should bother with the NEC PC-98:
- Retroarch: Create a np2kai-folder inside of Retroarchs System-Folder and put the files font.bmp, font.rom, bios.rom, itf.rom and sound.rom in there. In the CORE Options of the Neko Project II kai-Core at the bottom is a option for Joypad D-Pad to Mouse/Keyboard/Joypad-Option. Every game needs a different option here. Choose Atari Joypad for one of the only playable games on that core! Also... THE PC-98 did not run at 60 Hz, so emulation will not run in 60fps either!
Nothing will REALLY run completely on that core. The High Resolution pixel art of most of the - mostly japanese - games are too much for the Retroid Pocket 2. But there is still ONE game worth all the hassle: Rusty
. This not well-known little gem is something of a CASTLEVANIA-Clone with a female protagonist and... yeah... some nudity here and there. It still plays GREAT ingame, but the cutscenes are reaaaally slow (they can be skipped). Really... Rusty is worth all the hassle, even the missing savestate-function!
Also... Touhou started here and those games run... well... almost playable.
Other, easy systems:
- Pokemon Mini (using Retroarchs PokeMini v0.6-core) for some fun
- SuperGrafx (using Retroarchs Beetle SGX-core) for all of its five glorious shmups
- Famicom Disc System (using Retroarchs FCEUmm-Core) for the ORIGINAL Super Mario Bros 2 and Doki Doki Panic,
- MSX (using RetroArchs bluemsx) to see Microsofts first (successfull) attempt on the japanese market, including jerky scrolling, a Nausicaä-game and some nice little NES-Ports.
2020.09.22 12:11 Schiller_or_Qui Ranking all AVGN episodes (til Mission: Impossible)
submitted by Schiller_or_Qui
to TheCinemassacreTruth [link] [comments]
2020.09.19 20:43 Bronyficent Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King is the collection Super Mario 3D All-Stars should have been
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King
is simply a collection of the Virgin Interactive Aladdin and Lion King games that came out the same time as the movie. It's not by any means a perfect collection, but in my opinion, they went above and beyond in terms of both presentation and in being a complete collection.
The collection includes the Genesis, Game Boy and Game Boy with color (recreating the color palette of this game on the Super Game Boy) versions of Aladdin, as well as the Super Nintendo, Genesis, Game Boy and Game Boy with color versions of The Lion King. This is noteworthy because many collections like this don't bother including different versions of the game that released on other consoles like this, but it makes for an fascinating historical document, with the graphics, music and even level design differing across the various versions.
There are also Bonuses, including video interviews with the creators of both the Aladdin and Lion King games, concept art for both the games and the Aladdin movie
, a music player, Achievements, save states, a rewind feature and early playable demos for the Aladdin Genesis game. There is also a "Final Cut" of the Aladdin Genesis game - the creators of this collection went to the original developers to make a special version of the game with bug fixes, tightened physics, improved level design and more, while still giving people the option to play the original.
This is not a perfect collection to be fair, much less a complete one. Capcom's Aladdin game for the SNES, along with the Game Gear and Master System titles are not included due to licensing issues, although no such issue seems to exist for the DOS, Amiga, NES and Game Boy Color versions of Aladdin, or the MS-DOS, Amiga, Game Gear, Master System, or NES versions of The Lion King, all of which were also published by Virgin Interactive. (The NES Version of Lion King is historically noteworthy as the last officially endorsed NES game anywhere in the world). It also would have been nice to have the specially made Super Game Boy borders for the Aladdin and Lion King games on Game Boy.
The Lion King also does not get a Final Cut like with Aladdin since the original developers were unavailable. For the same reason, The Lion King only gets concept art from the movie (none from the game) and the video bonuses Lion King gets are from the original games release in the 90's (Aladdin got newly recorded interviews). But most classic game collections don't bother being even this
thorough - massive kudos must go to the developers there.
I bring this up because, for all the talk of Super Mario 3D All-Stars
being a cheap rom dump, I actually think they changed too much!
The opening of Super Mario 64, with Mario's face, has been altered to include a "Press +" graphic, and is the Shindou version only, which features some different animations and voice lines, along with removing the Backwards Long Jump. This is the first North American release of the Shindou version, which is neat in itself, but there's no option to choose your preferred version. Super Mario 64 DS is also not included, despite having original content not in any other release. A "Final Cut" version would also have been appreciated, allowing you to switch between the 64 and DS graphics, as well as having all of the extra DS content.
Super Mario Sunshine is only available in Widescreen, with no 4:3 option. This affects not only the layout of stuff like the text, but also the cutscenes, which are slightly cropped, as well as the in-game camera. There are also some changes to the text to remove references to the GameCube.
Super Mario Galaxy seems the least changed, but there are some text and graphic changes to swap out all references to the Wii Remote with the Joy-Cons. You also can't use your Mii as your avatar anymore.
Nintendo's generally been pretty good at preserving the original versions of it's games with stuff like the Virtual Console and even Nintendo Switch Online, as well as other packaged collections like Kirby's Dream Collection, but no such effort was offered here. This is important to me since video game preservation is not taken as seriously as something like film preservation.
I still think 3D All-Stars is worth it so far for the games alone (I've never played Sunshine before and I'm enjoying it so far), but I just wanted to put this out there.
submitted by Bronyficent
to NintendoSwitch [link] [comments]
2020.09.18 19:19 Versace-Toaster for those who don’t know Spanish, amigo is boy and amiga is girl (Big Bag - Tyler, the Creator)
2020.09.12 22:54 Exean I don't remember the name
Hi! It happens that for several weeks I have been looking for a manga that I read years ago, but I can not find it, and they recommended that I come here in case any of you know it :D The manga in question was about a girl who was in school, who was very shy and had never had a boyfriend, so her friends force her to deliver a love letter to a boy to try to know what it feels like. So she gives it to a boy from another school (I remember giving it to her on a bridge, but not exactly), and the boy is just as shy as she is. I remember that the boy also wanted to ask the girl for her number, and had put on a mask for it (since he was ashamed to ask by looking at her face), so they start talking by text message. I don't know if it will be enough details, but it would be great if you help me :"D
Hola! Sucede que hace varias semanas que estoy buscando un manga que leí hace años, pero no logro encontrarlo, y me recomendaron que viniera aquí por si alguno de ustedes lo conoce :D El manga en cuestión trataba de una chica que estaba en la escuela, la cual era muy tímida y nunca había tenido un novio, por lo que sus amigas la obligan a entregarle una carta de amor a un chico para intentar saber lo que se siente. Entonces se la da a un chico de otra escuela (Recuerdo que se la daba en un puente, pero no con exactitud), y el chico es igual de tímido que ella. Recuerdo que también el chico quería pedirle su número a la chica, y se había puesto una máscara para ello (Ya que le daba vergüenza pedírselo mirando su cara), entonces empiezan a hablar por mensaje de texto. No sé si serán suficientes detalles, pero sería genial si me ayudan :"D
submitted by Exean
to manga [link] [comments]
2020.09.12 07:52 CrystalPlayStation TTYD in Spanish
Since I recently played through the game in Spanish, I thought I'd record some of the differences/similarities between the Spanish and English translations. I'm pretty certain that both versions were translated from the original Japanese, so the Spanish isn't just a later copy of the English version; they're just adapted differently from the source. No matter how I played it, I enjoyed going through this game twice. If I missed something you want to know, specific or otherwise, I can answer it.
- The tone of the game is the exact same across English, Spanish and Japanese. English is by far the most different of any Paper Mario TTYD translation that I've seen. Spanish is a lot closer to Japanese. Think about how Nintendo of America makes a lot of changes, whereas Nintendo of Europe makes less changes. That's a way in which you can see the difference. Sometimes it's better in English when things get exaggerated, somethings it's better in Spanish when exaggeration really isn't needed.
- This is a side-effect of the PAL version (which thankfully can run at 60hz like NTSC), but Mario cannot raise his hand in Spanish. This is because the PAL version outright removes that animation. A case of Nintendo being sensitive, as Nintendo of Europe thought that Mario raising his hand looked too much like a Nazi salute. It doesn't change anything, but it's weird. I mean, I'm pretty sure he does it in the PAL version of the first game.
- A lot of the in-universe text was altered to reflect the Spanish language. So signs that say OPEN now say ABRIERTA. The rotating sign in front of the Glitz Pit says BIENVENIDOS instead of YOU'RE WELCOME. Unlike the first game, I don't think everything was translated. But most is.
- All names were changed except for Koops and Yoshi. Goombella is Goomarina, Flurrie is Claudia, Vivian is Bibiana, Bobbery is Bombard and Ms. Mowz is Lupina.
- In regards to personality, they're all the same. Goombella is snarky, Koops is timid, Flurrie talks more fancily, etc. They're not quite as exaggerated as in English though.
- Vivian is male in the Spanish localisation. In addition to the scene from Chapter 2, her partner description reads, "Este antiguo miembro del Trío de las Sombras parece una chica, pero en realidad es un chico." In English, "This long-standing member of the Shadow Trio looks like a girl, but is a boy in reality." I still like hehis character nonetheless; personality-wise, she's the exact same.
- Flurrie always refers to Mario as pichoncito. I don't know how I'd translate this. It's literally little/baby bird, but it's used as a term of endearment here. Similar to how she says darling in English.
- Vivian constantly refers to Mario as cariño. This is the equivalent of calling someone sweetheart or baby. She does this as early as Chapter 4 too. She also has a tendency to scream like "Kyaah", unlike other characters.
- Yoshi still calls Mario Gonzales. Although he uses the original Spanish spelling of the name, Gonzáles.
- She's not a partner, but I don't know where else to throw this in. Toadette. This is the only Mario game in Spanish where she has a different name. Granted, it makes sense because it's the first game they translated with her in it (Double Dash is either English or Japanese). She's called T. Ana in this game. It's a nice sounding name, but later games continue to call her Toadette like the rest of the world (except for Asia).
- All the Crystal Stars retain their names, just properly brought over to Spanish. The only exception is the Gold Star, which has been dubbed the Topaz Star in Spanish.
- Sweet Treat (Map) is Recuperar, meaning Recover.
- Earth Tremor (Diamond) is Terremoto, meaning Earthquake.
- Clock Out (Emerald) is Tiempo Muerto, meaning Dead Time.
- Power Lift (Gold) is Recargar, meaning Recharge.
- Art Attack (Ruby) is Ataque Estelar, meaning Star Attack.
- Sweet Feast (Sapphire) is Como Nuevo, meaning Like New.
- Showstopper (Garnet) is Golpe Final, meaning Final Strike.
- Supernova (Crystal) is Tormenta Estelar, meaning Star Storm.
- Rogueport is called Villa Viciosa (Vicious Town).
- Lord Crump is called Peke X. This is close to his Japanese name, ペケダ― (Pekedá).
- The X-Nauts are called Mega X, which is again, a closer adaptation of the Japanese name.
- Lord Crump asking where Mario and Goombella disappeared to was shortened heavily: ENGLISH: Where'd they go?!? Huh? You! Johnson! Did you see them? Did anyone? Uh... Crud! They bolted! SPANISH: ¿Dónde se han metido? ¡Maldición! ¡Se han escapado! REVERSE: Where did they go? Damn it! They've escaped!
- Frankly is changed to Goomez. He mistakes Goombella's names as Goomberta and Goomaría here.
- Goombella's comeback to the Goombas hitting on her: ENGLISH: Oh, it is, like, SO sweet that you boys think I'm cute! Seriously! Yeah, guys like you make me feel like TOTALLY BARFING! Now get out of our way! SPANISH: Sois muy amables al reconocer mis encantos. Pero lamento deciros que a los tipos como vosotros... ¡NO LOS AGUANTO! ¡Así que ya os estáis largando con viento fresco! REVERSE: You guys are really nice, recognising my charms. But I'm sorry to tell you that I CAN'T STAND guys like you! So get out of here as fast as you came!
- The Chest Demons in general aren't as...silly in the Spanish version: ENGLISH: Buggly-wuggly-WOOOOOOO! You're cursed! SPANISH: ¡Caiga la maldición sobre ti! REVERSE: May the curse fall upon you!
- Petalburg is called Villa Verde (Green Town). Petal Meadows is called Llanura Estelar (StaStellar Plain).
- Dupree, the blue guy with the pink afro, is literally called Afro in Spanish. He doesn't have a fake French accent here, but still tries to talk in try-hard a flirting manner, so his humour is maintained.
- The questions for the test in the fortress are all the same.
- Fuzzies say "¡Miiiimiiiooon!" in Spanish.
- Shine Sprites are just called Soles (Suns) in this game. Probably a holdover from Super Mario Sunshine's Spanish translation.
- Hooktail is male. I think this is even a change from the Japanese version. Her (or his) name is Gombaba, which is the exact same as the Japanese version.
- I thought one of the questions Hooktail asks would be different in Spanish. But from start to end, they're similar, albeit simpler: ENGLISH: Well, I suppose I could apologise by letting you smell the bottoms of my feet. People pay good money to do this. I'm being completely honest right now. Really. So? Care to take a whiff of the rich, yet delicate scent of my world-renowned feet? (Maybe just a quick sniff... / That's disgusting!) SPANISH: En ese caso, te concederé el honor de ver las garras de mis pies. ¿No te gustaría acercarte y admirar su belleza? (Solo un poco / ¿Estás bromenado?) REVERSE: In that case, I will grant you the honour of seeing the claws of my feet. Wouldn't you like to get closer and admire their beauty. (Just a little / You're joking, right?)
- Sir Grodus is called Señor Xenón (Sir Xenón) in Spanish. All other X-Nauts and Beldom refer to him as usted, which is used in Spanish for talking to superiors or strangers (respectful). Characters like Peach refer to him as tú, which is meant generally for friends, family or peers of the same age. It's rude to call somebody older that if you don't know them well enough, which makes sense for Peach (he kidnapped her).
- With that, the X-Nauts don't talk in a casual buddy-buddy fashion. Most of the time, they talk appropriately and like they're on a serious job. It unfortunately takes away a bit of the humour, but makes more sense to make them seem like a credible threat.
- TEC is CIM (Computador Inteligente de Mega X) in Spanish. What's odd is that his initials refer to him as computador (more Latin), but in dialogue, he always calls himself an ordenador (more Spain). In terms of how he addresses characters, he does it casually like in English; he address Peach with tú and not usted.
- When Mario gets an e-mail from Peach, Goombella's response: ENGLISH: Mario? Are you OK? You're totally shaking... Do you need a bathroom? SPANISH: ¿Te pasa algo, Mario? Estás temblando. ¿Te encuentras mal? REVERSE: Is something wrong, Mario? You're shaking. You sick?
- The Boggly Woods are called El Bosque Maravilloso (The Wonderful Forest) in Spanish. The Great Tree has the exact same name as in English, El Gran Árbol.
- Beldom is Piruja in Spanish. It's a pun on bruja, the word for witch. Marliyn is Maruja. With a name scheme like that, you can see how Vivian sticks out (Bibiana). Also, Marilyn says "Vaya" in Spanish.
- When Beldom realises who Mario is, her dialogue is way longer in English. I knew something was off when I played in Spanish: ENGLISH: Wow! This Mario guy looks so manly! Check out that bushy mustache... How handsome! You know something, though, my lovelies? I swear I've seen this gentleman before... AAAAAAAAAAAACK! He's Mr. Mustache! SPANISH: ¡Maldita sea! ¡Si es el tipo del bigote! REVERSE: Damn it all! It's the guy with the mustache!
- Instead of saying "The three..." Marilyn continues to just say Vaya. It's interrupted like this: BELDOM: Somos... (We are...) MARILYN: Vaaaya... VIVIAN: ¡Las Hermanas Sombra! (The Shadow Sisters)
- Beldom's insult to Vivian. Spanish is basically from the Japanese version: ENGLISH: I don't see three beauties! I see two, but then there's you, and you're PLUG-UGLY!!! SPANISH: ¿Y de dónde te has sacado eso de hermanas? ¡Pero si tú eres un hombre! REVERSE: And where did you get sisters from that? YOU are a MAN!
- Goombella's Tattle on Vivian as well: ENGLISH: That's Vivian. She's the youngest of the three Shadow Sirens. She doesn't seem all that noteworthy. Uh... She is kinda cute, I guess... She might even be cuter than I am... I guess... ...Uh... What am I thinking? SPANISH: ¡Es Bibiana! La más pequeña del trío... Bueno... EL más pequeño. No posee ninguna característica especial. Aunque es verdad que... Hmmm... Es bastante mono. Tal vez más que yo. ¿Eh...? ¿En... en qué estaré pensando, si se puede saber? REVERSE: She's Vivian! The smallest girl of the trio... Well... the smallest BOY. He doesn't have any special characteristics. Although it's true that... Hmmm... He's pretty cute. Maybe even cuter than me. Eh...? W-What am I gonna be thinking about later, if I may ask?
- After defeating the three, Beldom goes: ENGLISH: Mmmmwee hee haaaack! Oooog. Maybe we were just a touch overconfident... SPANISH: ¡Maldición! ¡No deberíamos haberte subestimado! REVERSE: Damn it! We shouldn't have underestimated you!
- I can't remember specifically, but I believe the "You got a Super Boots" typo was corrected in Spanish. For non-English/Japanese languages, the game has a programming system to specify what gender each item is. With that, I believe they put something along the lines of, "Has conseguido unas Súper Botas!" (You got some Super Boots)
- The exchange between the Puni Elder and Lord Crump is less exaggerated in Spanish: ENGLISH: WHAT?!? Did you just call me an "old geezer"? Where do you get off, talking like that? You got no respect, brat! Don't think my age has a thing to do with my might! Even if it kills me, I won't let you through! I'm ready! ELDER POWER ACTIVATE! SPANISH: ¡Estúpido! ¿Qué modales son esos, jovencito? ¿Acaso no sabes a quién te estás dirigiendo? ¡Me parece que voy a tener que leerte la cartilla! REVERSE: Dumbass! What kind of manners are those, young man? Don't you know who you're addressing? Looks like I'm going to have to read you the primer!
- An example of the X-Nauts more direct talk in Spanish: ENGLISH: Uh, I'm sorry, sir! Unfortunately, Mario laid a beating on all of them! SPANISH: Por... por desgracia parece ser que han sido incapaces de derrotar a Mario... REVERSE: Un... Unfortunately it seems that they were incapable of defeating Mario...
- This isn't Chapter 2, but I honestly forget when this encounter happens. When Bowser enters the Great Tree with Kammy, his dialogue choices are different in Spanish. I like them more in English, for the latter choice: ENGLISH: (You're BOTH too old! HAR) (It's hag vs. hag! Awesome!) SPANISH: (Si son igual de viejas) (Mira quién habla) REVERSE: (They're both just as old) (Look who's talking)
- Glitzville is called Ciudad Dojo (Dojo City) in Spanish.
- Rawk Hawk's name in Spanish is Hawk Hogan. You can guess where that comes from. He also says that amateurs should stay at home playing Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Grubba in Spanish is called Leonardo.
- Jolene in Spanish is T. Lisa. For Mush, they made his real and stage names more different. His real name is T. Roonie, but his stage name (which the game asks in Chapter 7's quiz) is T. Rex.
- Just because I thought it was funny, Crawdaddy is literally called The Bone Crusher in Spanish, Rompehuesos.
- Crawdaddy's line is very similar between both versions, just more direct in Spanish: ENGLISH: Foolish mortals... I will drag you through the gate to the netherworld! SPANISH: ¡Os mandaré hasta las mismísimas puertas del infierno! REVERSE: I'll send you [all] to the very gates of Hell!
- Grubba once you catch him. He doesn't have a unique accent that I can detect in Spanish: ENGLISH: I gotta say, y'all are a coupla slack-jawed idiots, sniffin' 'round my business... Now you know my big secret, I'm afraid yer gonna have to take a li'l ol' dirt nap. SPANISH: ¡Habéis sido muy imprudentes siguiéndome hasta aquí! ¡Ahora que sabéis mi secreto, lo pagaréis muy caro! REVERSE: You all have been very reckless, following me here! Now that you know my secret, you're gonna pay dearly!
- Twilight Town is called Villa Sombría (Gloomy Town).
- Creepy Steeple is called Templo Lúgubre (Gloomy Temple).
- Doopliss is called Rumpel. This is actually consistent with every version but the English release. Even the Japanese version called him Rumpel [ランペル] (you have to find the katakana "ン" letter instead of the Latin letter "p"). I don't know why they changed his name in English, as he's clearly based off Rumpelstiltskin.
- Doopliss also doesn't call Mario by "Slick". He has no nickname for him in Spanish.
- Doopliss's laugh is changed. Instead of going "Yuk", he goes "Juasjuasjuasjuas". In English it'd be like "Huahuahua", but the H would sound more like a Dutch/German CH (loch).
- Doopliss's reaction to you discovering his name is bigger in Spanish: ENGLISH: Wha... What did you just say?!? It can't be... NO! NO! NO! WHY? WHY? WHY? HOW? HOW? HOW? I'm...feeling...faint... SPANISH: Co... ¿¡Cómo has conseguido acertar mi nombre!? No... no me lo puedo creer... No... no... no... No... puede... ser... ¿Pe... pe... pe... pero cómo lo has adivinado? ¡Ayayayayayayayayay...! ¡Todo me da vueltas...! ¡¡Qué mareooo...!! REVERSE: How... How did you get my name right!? I... I can't believe it... No... no... no... It... can't... be... How... how... how did you guess it? Ayayayayayayayayay! Everything's spinning...! So dizzy...!!
- What Vivian says when she learns she was helping Mario. She expresses concern about what her sisters will do to her: ENGLISH: I don't believe it. All this time I was helping Mario... I feel like an idiot... SPANISH: Pero entonces... ¿He estado ayudando a la persona equivocada...? ¿Y ahora qué será de mí? REVERSE: But then... I've been helping the WRONG person...? Now what's gonna happen to me?
- Doopliss's follow-up remark: ENGLISH: What's going on here, huh? Fight with your girlfriend? Well, don't expect any sympathy from us, ghoulies! SPANISH: Vaya, vaya... ¿Así que hay disensiones en el grupito...? ¡Que sepáis que no por eso voy a trataros con mayor respeto...! REVERSE: Well, well... So now there's a division in this little group...? Just to let you know, that doesn't mean I'm going to treat you with any more respect!
- Vivian's line when she comes back to the party is retained, but shorter. When she's underground she admits her final choice and when she surfaces she throws support to Mario. In English, she doesn't do the latter. Both work, but the English version is stronger for her development: ENGLISH: I'm... I'm sorry, Sis... This Mario is the only person who's ever been kind to me... * Mario! I'm fighting by your side from now on! I've... I've made my choice! And I'm not turning back! SPANISH: Lo siento, Piruja... Pero estoy decidida a ayudar a Mario. * ¡No desfallezcas, Mario! Mantente firme... ¡Que ya casi lo tienes! REVERSE: I'm sorry, Beldom... But I'm committed to helping Mario. * Don't worry, Mario! Keep it together... You're almost there!
- Doopliss's line after defeat: ENGLISH: Rats! YOU KILLJOYS!!! SPANISH: ¡Maldita sea! ¡¡Te acordarás de esta!! REVERSE: Damn it! You'll remember this!! (speaking directly to Mario, not the whole group)
- Vivian's penultimate line: ENGLISH: Uh... Listen, Mario... Sorry about earlier... I'd be happy to travel with you if you'd have me. SPANISH: Me da un poco de vergüenza volver a decir esto, Mario... ¿Me dejas ser tu amiga, cariño? REVERSE: I'm a little embarrassed to say this again, Mario... Will you let me be your friend, sugar?
- The fourth-wall references are the exact same.
- Keelhaul Key's name is generic in every language but English and German. Here, it's Isla Trópico (Tropical Island).
- Podley, local resident bar asshole, is called Don Bean in Spanish.
- Scarlette's name is changed to Bombaret.
- Flavio's name is Marco. Pa-Patch's name is Bomberto. Flavio's ship, the S.S. Flavion, is called El Temido (The Feared) in Spanish. Ironic given Flavio's scared nature.
- Cortez is the exact same, although he adapts the original Spanish spelling, Cortés.
- Embers are...kind of bizzarre. They're called Ascua in Spanish, which is the literal translation of the word. So it's not incorrect by any means. It's just weird because in the first game, I remember them being called Elmos, which makes more sense because it's an adaptation of the Japanese name, which is a reference to St. Elmo's fire.
- Chuckola Cola is Bombioja in Spanish. It's a pun on Bomb and Rioja, which is a place in Spain known for wine. The drink is actually red wine, so the name change makes sense.
- The Black Skull is called the Black Joke in Spanish. Yes, it uses an English name.
- Peach's reaction to getting naked is toned down mildly: ENGLISH: What?!? That's indecent! No way! SPANISH: ¿¡Qué has dicho...!? ¿No te das cuenta de que...? REVERSE: What did you say!? Don't you realise...?
- This is where you start to see how lazy some of the places get named in the Spanish version. Poshley Heights is called Villa Preciosa (Precious Town). That is the fourth main area with Town in the name. Riverside Station is just a literal translation, Estación de Riverside.
- Pennington still calls Mario Luigi in Spanish. But his name is changed to Holmot.
- The Smorgs are known as Miomio in Spanish. It's not the same as the Japanese text (Moamoa), but it's closer than English. If you read their name like normal Spanish (remember, they say they're name out-loud all the time), it sounds like they're saying, "Mine, mine, mine, mine!" Like the seagulls in Finding Nemo.
- Fahr Outpost is called Bomburgo. From how the characters speak, you wouldn't detect much of a foreign/Russian accent. That's the case for many non-English languages in media; there are a lot of potential local dialects, but not many international ones. Spanish is more international though, so I don't know, since the game is already based on a Spain accent, they could've given the bombs an Argentian accent (saying vos sos instead of tú eres) or something.
- During the General White chase, Pa-Patch directly tells Mario that General White went to Glitzville in Spanish. In English, he just mentions an arena. If you're speeding through the dialogue (without direct knowledge of where to go next), you'll at least catch where to go in Spanish.
- On that, General White in Spanish is a pun name, General Bomblanco (General White-Bomb).
- The Mayor is less rude to Bobbery in Spanish: ENGLISH: SHUSH! You call yourself a Bob-omb? I spit at you! You know rules! There is to be NO mention of cannon to non-Bob-ombs! NO mention! SPANISH: ¡Oh! ¡Tú también eres un Bob-omb! En ese caso, seré franco. No puedo revelar nada sobre el Gran Cañón a nadie que no sea un Bob-omb. REVERSE: Oh! You too are a Bob-omb! In that case, I will be frank. I cannot reveal anything about the Grande Boom to anyone who isn't a Bob-omb.
- Crump's boast about Magnus von Grapple 2.0: ENGLISH: Yeah, last version was buggy, so we made improvements... One... two... A DOZEN!!! SPANISH: ¡Mazinrobo X2 no se puede comparar con el anterior, ni en velocidad ni en potencia! REVERSE: Von Grapple 2.0 can't be compared to the previous revision, neither in speed nor prowess!
- Right before fighting Magnus von Grapple 2.0, I noticed Vivian's line is changed; I like it more in Spanish: ENGLISH: You're the one who's going to suffer, Crump! No matter how many times we do this! SPANISH: Como diría Piruja: ¡Jijijí! ¡Te daremos un escarmiento! REVERSE: Like Beldom would say: Mweeheehee! We're gonna give you a punishment!
- Same goes for Bobbery's line: ENGLISH: I say, old boy, I rather think YOU'RE going to be the one doing the suffering! SPANISH: ¡Fruslerías! ¡Déjate de tanta palabrería barata y demuéstralo! REVERSE: Nonsense! Quit all that cheap talk and prove it!
- TEC's description of what will happen to him is less wordy in Spanish: ENGLISH: When the power is all gone... I will... Cease to exist...as an artificial consciousness. SPANISH: Sin suministro de energía... yo... dejaré de estar operativo. REVERSE: With no power supply... I... will no longer be operational.
- The Palace of Shadow uses its Japanese name in Spanish, El Palecio de la Oscuridad (The Palace of Darkness).
- What Dark Bones says before being awoken: ENGLISH: Glurgggghh... Bluuuurgh... None shall pass by... Let those who would disturb her sleep fall into the depths of endless darkness... SPANISH: ¡Uuuh! ¡Uuuoooh! Este lugar está vedado a los mortales... Aquellos que osen profanar el lugar donde ella reposa, se sumirán en las tinieblas. REVERSE: Oooh! OOOH! This place is forbidden to mortals... Those who dare to desecrate the place where she rests shall be plunged into darkness.
- Gloomtail's name is Bumbaba. This is the line he says confirming Hooktail's gender: ENGLISH: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!? You destroyed my precious younger sister?!? SPANISH: ¿¡Cómo!? ¿Qué habéis hecho con mi hermano? REVERSE: What!? What have you [all] done with my brother?
- Vivian's line to Beldom before fighting her: ENGLISH: I'm with Mario all the way! Today, Sis... I'm going to punish YOU, you hear me? SPANISH: ¡Mario ha sido mi salvador! ¡Y él os dará vuestra merecido! REVERSE: Mario's been my saviour! And HE'S gonna give you guys what you deserve!
- Remember that weird oversight in the English version with Grodus responding opposite to what you chose? They fixed it in Spanish, simply by swapping Attack and Don't Attack.
- Bowser's comment before facing Mario: ENGLISH: Aww, all worn out from battle, Mario? Yes! Easy pickings! Today's the day I flush a plumber down the drain! SPANISH: ¡En tu patético estado, no serás rival para mí! ¡Esta es mi gran oportunidad de acabar contigo! REVERSE: In your pathetic state, you're no match for me! This is my grand opportunity to finish you off!
- Grodus refers to the Shadow Queen as tú in Spanish, showing that he views them on the same level or is still above her. If he were to show respect, he'd use usted or maybe even vos.
- Shadow Queen right before possessing Peach. Can't tell which is creepier: ENGLISH: Yessss... A fine vessel... Now... SPANISH: Hmmm... Joven y bella... Me parece perfecta... REVERSE: Hmmm... Young and beautiful... She's perfect for me...
- Upon zapping Grodus, Shadow Queen: ENGLISH: You would do well to learn your proper place, slave. No one commands me. SPANISH: Está claro que no sabes con quién hablas y ello te ha valido un severo castigo. REVERSE: It is clear that you do not know who you are talking to, and this has earned you a severe punishment.
- Shadow Queen after Peach heals the player: ENGLISH: GRRRRRR! Very cunning, Princess! But you will not undo me!!! Know me as your queen! SPANISH: ¡Hagas lo que hagas, será inútil! ¡Yo soy la Reina de las Sombras! REVERSE: No matter what you do, it's in vain! I am the Shadow Queen!
EDIT: Added things/fixed a few typos.
submitted by CrystalPlayStation
to papermario [link] [comments]
2020.09.11 16:32 Diamonice Sinto falta da minha "amg"
Eu sinto falta da pessoa que ela foi na verdade, era minha best desde da 4° série passamos por muito juntas mas sinto que acabou.
A vida é assim não reclamo e não tenho raiva dela apesar do comportamento deplorável que veio apresentando nos últimos tempos, só pra terem noção eu cheguei a questionar minha sanidade mental e memória sobre determinados fatos que ela distorceu provavelmente se aproveitando do fato de eu ter problemas de saúde mental e por isso ser facilmente desacreditada.
Eu não sei em que ponto ela se perdeu ou se transformou nessa pessoa que é hoje, ela é crente que mudou pra melhor é mais confiante tem auto estima elevada, mas o que sai da boca e do teclado dela só desvenda a personalidade de uma pessoa insegura e com a autoestima tão baixa que precisa por pra baixo os outros pra se sentir melhor.
Se tem em lugar tão elevado moralmente mas foi a primeira a correr atrás de documento se dizendo bolsista pra entrar em uma universidade, eu tinha pesadelos na época por medo que alguém descobrisse pois fiz o mesmo que ela, não nego meu ato, porém não terminei o curso e me arrependo profundamente, se pudesse voltar no tempo eu não diria nada pra minha mãe.
Fala de pessoas e situações que enfrentou sempre como a mártir da estória e os outros como monstros e inconsiderados, sei que a vida não é fácil e gente ruim tem em todo lugar mas a pessoa parece um ímã pra atrair gente e situação negativa ou assim ela faz parecer, afinal todo mundo se compadece e oferece ajuda a um amigo sofrendo assédio no trabalho.
A pessoa adora ventar vitimização, adora dizer que não é uma pessoa negativa mas o que sai da boca dela é tragédia, gente que adoeceu, crime, (ela fez um boy se abrir sobre a morte trágica da mãe dele no segundo encontro, o rapaz chegou a chorar) eu por várias vezes me sentia drenada ou pra baixo depois que me encontrava com ela só e não sabia bem o porquê.
Sempre tem desculpa pra deixar o grupo de amigos mais cedo mas quando sai com outros sempre volta bem mais tarde pra casa sem nenhum problema.
Ultimamente vinha dizendo que uma amiga em comum não vê ela como mudada fisicamente a despeito de eu ter dito que ouvi o contrário da boca da mesma pessoa, e está atacando a mesma de forma passiva agressiva no grupo de whatsapp desde então, ela deve pensar que a gente é burro pra não perceber. Além de falar negativamente da aparência de outra, jogou fatos passados da vida dela que essa amiga em comum se sentiu segura de compartilhar e hj ela usa essas informações pra denegrir a imagem dela.
Ela tem uma visão muito machista, creio que produto da criação conservadora católica da família dela, e não era raro eu ouvir ela denegrir outras mulheres principalmente famosas de internet sobre algum aspecto físico, roupa, dizendo que fulana não era pra casar blá blá blá (eu odiava quando ela me mandava mensagem falando essas coisas pq I couldn't care less sobre gente "famosa" na maioria das vezes eu nem sabia quem era).
Nem sei porque sinto falta de uma pessoa assim, eu simplesmente perdi totalmente a vontade de compartilhar algo bom com ela porque a pessoa sempre arranja um jeito de diminuir o que eu conquisto e elevar o que ela faz no mesmo patamar, sem falar que não tenho segurança de falar nada pra ela e ter certeza de que vai manter segredo já que ela fala tudo do que os outros disseram em segredo pra ela. Simplesmente estava andando em ovos.
Acho que tô deixando esse desabafo como reminder pra mim mesma pra quando pensar em tentar manter contato com essa pessoa de novo afinal 80% das vezes é eu dando o primeiro passo pra entrar em contato com ela, acho que só de mencionar isso já diz muito.
Sei que ninguém é perfeito mas a gente tem que cortar ou no mínimo ignorar pessoas com comportamentos tóxicos na nossa vida e se vigiar pra não correr o risco de se tornar um. Essa solidão e falta eu sei que é passageira.
submitted by Diamonice
to desabafos [link] [comments]
2020.09.08 14:50 curious_frog [Devs Talk] Answers on the AMA post. Part 2.
Hiya, Almost Heroes! 👋
As you remember we had an AMA post
and the first part of our answers
last week. The time has come for the second part! Ready, steady, go! Questions from DaddyOren
: Hello again, u/curious_frog
! Let's start by getting to know you. You and u/RealGanZo
have been handling all the Reddit posts, but what are your roles in the company? Answer:
Hello-hello! I'm a Player Experience Manager at DECA and I’m the one in charge of the creativity flow, content that you’ll like, communication stuff and so on. u/RealGanZo
is a producer here: he defines resources for Almost a Hero, controls development workflow, communicates with partners. Q:
Financial disclosure: For starters, some financial transparency would be reassuring. How much did DECA pay to acquire AaH, and was the game financially sustainable when you acquired it? Does DECA publish any quarterly/annual financial disclosure that we could read? A:
Well, we can’t share this info, unfortunately. Let’s say DECA is currently a well-growing company with a team of professionals, hiring new employees and live operating maturing games with the goal to keep the player base engaged for years to come. We’re expanding our portfolio and doing it successfully. Q:
Challenges: Based on DECA's experience with aging games, what are the greatest challenges that games like AaH will face in the future? What are the key strategies DECA has developed to overcome these challenges? A:
We aim to achieve stability and longevity with an established community - the challenge is to find our way with the community, making you happy while finding enticing content going forward. Q:
AaH: Generally speaking, the community was happy with the devs and the state of the game. In your minds, what about AaH has made it a great game? Which specific parts of AaH is DECA committed to not changing? A:
What makes it a great game? The funny artstyle & atmosphere of the almost heroes; the easy access to the game for new players, while the endgame meta & possibilities are very deep and allow for intense tactical planning & play. The great and positive community attached to the game. While there are much bigger idle hero games on the market, AaH stands out uniquely and is known among our gamer friends as a great mobile title. Several aspects of the game have great potential to be expanded on or be further balanced. What we are committed to NOT
changing, is more difficult to answer. Certainly, the existing game modes won’t vanish or be changed to the extent that they are unrecognizable. Like BeeSquare in the past, we will balance heroes / pets / other items & effects in the game, as the game evolves and expands. Also, there are parts of the game, for which BeeSquare had already plans of changing them, and the vast majority of these ideas & plans went into our pool for future releases. Q:
Team lead: At the moment, DECA feels like a faceless entity. Who is the team lead for the team/department handling AaH, and what are their other responsibilities in the company? Tell us a bit about the team lead's industry background and approach to managing a game. A:
Our producer is leading the AaH. But let him introduce himself. Hello, I’m u/Faible1001
, the Producer / Product Owner of Almost a Hero and one other product for DECA Games. In a tag team with my Associate Producer, we are leading all people that work on Almost a Hero. This is my 11th year in the games industry, and I spent time both with small indie developers as well as 6 years in big game corps (Ubisoft & Kabam), and now I’m quite excited to work on Almost a Hero, as I love RPGs, and games that have a solid progression system for heroes and a rather deep meta. I’m an avid gamer myself, got a C64 & Amiga 500 back when I was a young boy, and ever since never stopped - that’s 30 years of playing games! Looking forward to creating awesome content together with my co-workers and play together with you! Q:
Departmental structure: Tell us about the department that will be running things! How many people are on the team that will be handling AaH, and how many dedicated staff member(s) will be assigned solely
to AaH? and Manpower: Given that the game's creators sold the game due to their own manpowetime constraints, has DECA expanded/made additional hires in order to accommodate the AaH acquisition? Or will it be a case of DECA doing more with the same number of people? A:
We are an Indie publisher and developer with small effective teams and flat hierarchies. So far, we have a group that operates Almost a Hero and one other title. Several people are working only on Almost a Hero (programmers, designers), and some are working across both titles (customer service specialists, community managers). The team working on Almost a Hero should roughly be able to have a similar output like BeeSquare had earlier this year, once we are up to speed with the intricacies of the project. Q:
Company ownership: Finally, at the end of the day, who owns the company and has the legal authority to make final decisions on the game's future? Tell us a bit about DECA's owner(s) and senior management team. A:
The Product Owner ( u/Faible1001
) makes final decisions on the game’s future. But of course, this is done only after we ask the community for your point of view, your wishes and suggestions. Q:
Ring meta: Ice Ring is universally regarded as the go-to meta ring. Any plans to buff the other rings to bring them up to par? Fire Ring in particular is considered "trash tier." It's been suggested in the past that certain rune abilities should become baseline for their rings, like Bounce's chaining for Lightning Ring and Inferno's splash for Fire Ring. (I personally doubt that would be enough to bring them up to Ice Ring's level, but it's a start.) A:
This is good feedback and will be added to our pool of suggestions for future releases. No concrete plans yet, but as we are looking into continuous balancing, this might become part of it. Our design team will need to add their perspective on the issue, too. Q:
Hero meta: Vexx is a steamrolling beast machine. No other hero comes close to her as a "carry" due to her ult and strong passives. Any plans to re-balance the other damage heroes to make Vexx less of a must-choose? A:
Similar to the ring issue you brought up, it is too early to give you a more concrete reply. We did receive a lot of info from BeeSquare on heroes, past balancing efforts & issues, as well as their process to look at hero balance. We will work on balance, including heroes, but when and what exactly is undecided yet. Q:
Redroh's ult appears to be bugged. It's apparently not giving any gold when the chest hits. Can y'all check to see if this was intentional? A:
There’s no bug here. The thing is that if you use ult against enemies that don't drop gold, then Redroh obviously can't loot any gold. Q from homerdomer259
: Do you guys have any ideas for new character concepts? A:
Yes. And we will certainly be in touch with you guys, the community, to discuss & announce heroes. We are open to you so no updates will come without your knowledge.
Phew, we did it! 💪 Upvote for the effort! How do you like it? Do you want to have more AMA posts in the future? Share your thoughts 👇
submitted by curious_frog
to AlmostAHero [link] [comments]
2020.09.07 15:25 Gabogon How should I come out? or I'm not ready yet?
Hi. I´m a mexican 17 years old boy that cares so much about what people thinks about him.
So this is my first time posting something and all, but I just wanted some opinions on what to do, because, I´ve been in the closet for a time now (I´m 17), and I want to come out but I just don´t know how to. :c Very close family members are ok with gay people, but the main reason I´m afraid of is that my dad says that he doesn't support but gays, but that he respects it, but when I see him, he usually says something a little passive-aggressive about he don´t wanting me to be gay.
He suspects becouse he use to take my phone in the nigths a wanted it to be wiouth password, so i search gay related and saw my history. Some "amigas" know about it and they support me and also my brother and sister are open mind, and also recently my mom have seen some shows about gay people.
But i´m just afraid of coming out, I think I will lose some friends and also my dad would be mad.
So I would really appreciate if you can leave a comment with your opinion about it.
Thanks for reading <3
submitted by Gabogon
to AskGayMen [link] [comments]
2020.09.06 19:22 Cringezinha Meu peido também pesou
Vi alguém desabafar sobre ter se cagado acidentalmente e achei que era o momento de contar essa história.
Eu sou do interior do meu estado e fui morar na capital para fazer faculdade, mas depois de dois anos resolvi desistir do meu curso e prestar o ENEM para tentar ingressar em outra instituição. Fiz minha inscrição para fazer a prova na capital, mas acabei voltando a morar na minha cidadezinha do interior antes que a prova acontecesse, então teria que voltar pra capital para prestar o exame.
Já era fimzinho de 2018 e eu conheci um rapaz muito bem apessoado que estudava medicina (GUARDEM ESSA INFORMAÇÃO). Eu tava super afim dele, mas não tinha tempo pra namorar porque estava estudando para mais um vestibular e o ENEM estava chegando.
Enfim, na semana do ENEM eu estava com minhas passagens para ir pra capital compradas, e me deu na telha uma vontade irresistível de comer empadinha de camarão. Moro no sul, longíssimo da praia e é difícil encontrar um camarão de qualidade, então parti pra um desses lugares que só vendem empada. A meia noite daquele mesmo dia eu estava internada vomitando até as tripas e ardendo de febre. O médico me disse que eu teria que melhorar muito rápido pra ser liberada a tempo de pegar o ônibus pra ir fazer minha prova e provavelmente isso não aconteceria. Minha preocupação não era com o fato de eu estar doente, mas com o fato de que eu não podia perder mais tempo da minha vida, então mandei mensagem pro boy que estudava medicina e pedi pra ele vir me visitar e inventar pro médico que eu tava bem melhor.
No dia da minha passagem marcada o rapaz foi até o hospital (pois, como dizia minha amiga, ele comia um caminhão de merda por minha causa kkkk) e se sentou e começou a conversar comigo. De repente me veio uma vontade incontrolável de peidar, e justamente por ser incontrolável é que eu peidei bem discretamente, sem fazer barulho, e continuei conversando com ele. Alguns minutos depois eu tive que me levantar pra fazer não sei o que e quando eu virei de costas pro rapaz ele me chamou. Confesso que eu não tinha ficado tão desesperada quando vi a cama toda suja de merda, mas quando fui pro banheiro e percebi que estava suja até nas costas foi que eu não sabia onde enfiar a cara. Entrei no chuveiro correndo e estava pensando na vergonha que passei, mas acabei ouvindo a voz do médico e pensei que tudo tinha acabado, então comecei a chorar e vomitar.
Quando saí do banho vi que o quarto tava todo limpo e o boy me contou que ele e minha mãe juntaram a roupa de cama e jogaram no lixo antes que o médico tivesse chegado e fingiram que eu estava bem. Ganhei alta, fui pra capital, comecei a fazer a prova, mas quando chegou na hora da redação o estômago embrulhou e eu fui correndo pro banheiro. O tanto que eu vomitei parecia coisa de filme e eu me arrependi de ter nascido naquele momento. Voltei pra sala faltando meia hora pra acabar a prova, escrevi a redação que nem minha bunda (ou seja, do jeito mais cagado possível) e sem rascunho, mas deu tempo.
O resumo do desfecho: eu e o rapaz não ficamos juntos, mas nos tornamos amigos, e eu PASSEI NA FACULDADE QUE EU QUERIA com folga, e passei outra vez pelo vestibular da faculdade também. Ufa!
E, por último, mas não menos importante, nunca mais comi empadinha de camarão.
submitted by Cringezinha
to desabafos [link] [comments]
2020.09.05 18:45 AmigosGaming Pac-Mania Review Commodore Amiga Amigos: Everything Amiga Podcast 264
It's Amigos time again and this week the boys take a look at Pacmania on the Commodore Amiga. Which by amazing coincidence was also the subject of the Amigos Hiscore Challenge.... you'd almost think it was planned!......It was.
You can see the teaser below but the full video is right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erq661mzdVc
If you would like to get involved with our Hiscore Challenges all you need to do is become a supporter and you will have access to our Discord channel which has the details. We also have a challenge for ZX Spectrum game. Prefer to listen only? No problem, here is our Anchor FM feed: https://anchor.fm/amigospodcast
submitted by AmigosGaming
to amiga [link] [comments]
2020.09.05 09:02 Alalu_82 Best Retroarch cores for RP2?
So, while waiting for delivery (both in hope and despair) I've been wondering what cores would suit best the RP2. Does it come already with some cores preinstalled? No idea. You lucky ones with your RP2 tell me, please.
Found this list of "best cores" on Patton Plays YouTube channel, but it's from 2019, so it may be a bit outdated and may not be the best choice for this device:
Atari 2600 Core: Stella
Atari 5200 Core: Atari 800
Atari Lynx Core: Handy
Amiga Core: P-UAE
Commodore 64 Core: Vice x64
Game Boy Color Core: Gambatte
Game Boy Core: Gambatte
Gameboy Advanced Core: mGBA or gpSP (GpSP needs a bios file to work properly.)
Mame Core: mame2003 Extreme
MSDOS Core: DOSbox or ScummVM
Neo Geo Pocket: Mednafen NGP
Nintendo NES Core: Nestopia or fceumm
Nintendo n64 Core: mupen64 or glupen64
Nintendo DS Core: DraStic
Nintendo SNES Core: snes9x2018 or snes9x2002 or snes9x2005 or snes9x2010
Nintendo Virtual Boy Core: Mednafen Virtual Boy
PSP Core: PPSSPP
RPGMaker Core: Easy RPG
Sega 32X Core: Picodrive
Sega Master System Core: Genesis Plus GX
Sega Game Gear Core: Genesis Plus GX
Sega Genesis Core: Genesis Plus GX
Sega CD Core: Genesis Plus GX + Bios: bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin, bios_CD_E.bin
Sega Dreamcast Core: Reicast + Bios: dc_flash.bin and dc_boot.bin (In Folder)
Sony Playstation Core: PCSX ReARMed Neon + Bios files: scph5500.bin and scph5502.bin
TurboGrafix16 Core: km_Beetle PCE Fast
TurboGrafix16 CD Core: km_Beetle PCE Fast + Bios: disksys.rom, gexpress.pce, syscard3.pce
Lets see if we can add an up-to-date list to the great "Complete guide for Retroid Pocket 2" by u/TortugasSs
so it really is "complete"
submitted by Alalu_82
to retroid [link] [comments]
2020.09.04 07:37 bluesqueblack SVI-728 in the rough
My MSX was an SVI-728 made by SpectraVideo International. I begged my father for a C-64 which most neighborhood kids had at the time. The C-64 seemed to have great games that you could immerse yourself in.
I was very excited when I heard that my uncle had facilitated the purchase of a home computer for me through a business relationship he had; I was 10 years old at the time. My uncle worked for a large company that sold mainframe computers to financial institutions. I assumed I was getting a Commodore; my uncle surely knew what I wanted, and there really wasn't much of a choice in the home computer market anyway. Well, long story short, I was handed a box that had a brand new SVI-728 inside, along with its companion cassette recordeplayer.
I knew nothing of MSX till that point. It came with 10 cassettes and a Microsoft Basic programming book published by SVI itself. The book was very basic (no pun intended). I immediately assumed that the cassettes contained games, but they weren't all games. I remember some odd titles like Turtle Draw which to this day I am unsure still what that was all about. Never could do anything with it. So, take away the stupid cassettes, I had maybe 7 or 8 crappy games to play with.
Crappy was an understatement. We are talking no Konami stuff here. They were all bottom of the barrel games packaged free along with the system. Those were the only games I had for the next two years. You could buy a C-64 game at any street corner, but there wasn't an MSX vendor in my city even though the city had over a million population.
After two years with the same old crappy games, and while I was fiddling with the Basic language out of boredom, my uncle finally obtained a couple additional cassettes through his business dealings. I probably cried when I received them.
A year after, I got 3 or 4 more cassettes; one of them had Konami's Knightmare on them. That game all by itself changed my perspective on MSX. And one day, I received Lazy Jones. Game in a game. That blew my mind. And what especially blew my mind was seeing how crappy the C-64 implementation of that game was. But then again I also played Green Beret on both systems, so we'll call that a draw.
On my 5th year with my MSX, I probably had about 15 or 20 games in total (mostly still crappy games), I was still fiddling with Basic, and even wrote my own simple games, but never did manage to figure out sprite collisions. Things just passed through one another. My source book had nothing in it about games, graphics, or sprites, and that one book was still the only tool in my arsenal. And then one day, I heard my cousin's neighbor's kid also had an MSX. But I heard over the phone that his was a different brand than mine. That made no sense to me. The fact was, other than the owner's manual that came with mine, I had not heard nor read about MSX elsewhere so I had no idea it was a standard; I thought it was the model name for my SVI-728. My cousin was about 400 miles away, so it took the next summer to meet that neighbor's kid. His MSX was really different looking, the brand was Vestel, Turkish made, but it also ran on the same Microsoft Basic mine was running on. We swapped some games, but frankly it was more of a one-way deal and I felt somewhat guilty about it, but he was a cool kid and he didn't mind. He had so many games, I was like a kid in candy store. That was the trip I spent all my allowance on empty tapes, and put my cousin's double-deck recorder to good use.
That was also the trip I apparently bagged my cousin's Bon Jovi New Jersey album with all the tapes I was dragging back home with me. I still feel horrible about that, and I think it's time I make up for that. It is never too late boys.
Another year passes, and a kid in my class tells me he saw an MSX store open in a nearby town. It took multiple public transportation jumps and a good amount of walking to get there, and I did find the store, but it was closed. I vowed to return the week after, which I did. I bought so many games, I felt content in life. Like how Kurt Cobain probably felt that one time.
I finally had so many games, and so many decent enjoyable titles, that I no longer found myself longing for a C-64. But what was also interesting was the realization that over those so many game-dry early years, out of necessity and desperation, and having all the time in the world, I became a Microsoft Basic programmer because I had nothing better to do with that damned MSX.
I loved that thing, and I hated that thing. And in the end, it made me a programmer. And I only let go of it because I was given an Amiga 500 in my late high school years to replace it, and the agreement with my parents was to hand it to a younger relative in the family, which I did. My younger cousin inherited it.
I hope he did good things with it, and had an adventure par mine.
Thanks for listening.
submitted by bluesqueblack
to MSX [link] [comments]
2020.08.30 03:17 alguienquepasa Hija con derecho quiere mi celular caro por rechazarla
Hola!!! Si estás leyendo muchas gracias bueno le boy dar un poco de constesto paso antes de la cuarentena y está chica era mi amiga de hace 3 años bueno comenzamos
Estaba jugando play lo más tranquilo y me llega un mensaje en el celu era (inserte nombre feminismo) que me decía queres salir hoy? Le respondo por mensaje claro por qué no jajaj.
Unas horas más tarde
Ella: hola demi( es era mi apodo)
Yo: quieres tomar un (me interrumpe)
Ella:quieres ser mi novio
Yo: ehhh pero tú sabes que no estoy interesado en (me interrumpe de nuevo)
Ella: si o si vas hacer mi novio si yo quiero algo lo consigo
Yo: si me hablas te comportas haci obvio que no
Ella: bueno dame tu celu por rechazarme
Yo: estaba en un café pidiendo un capuchino XD
Me estaba preparando para un cosplay de Sasuke
Y ella entra pensé que ella no me había visto
Se acerca a mi y agarra mi celu yo me estaba poniendo un lente de contácto no los necesito es para un cosplay pero bueno
Yo:dame mi celular!!
Ella:no por rechazarme me lo quedo
Yo: emputado (somos niños en un café cerca de mi casa y que todos me conocen)
Yo:salto y la tiro al piso y empezamos a dar vueltas por el piso y se sube arriba mío y el pega cachetadas
La gente nos estaba por separar
Yo: todo enojado le di la vuelta y le pegue un puñetazo y agarre mi celular
Imagina la gente viendo un ñiño con un ojo rojo rojo lledonce
Luego la bloquee y en puse a jugar play en mi casa Si quieren ama datos como que paso después otras cosas pregunten y tengo muchas mas historias
GRACIAS POR LEER!!
submitted by alguienquepasa
to padresconderecho [link] [comments]
2020.08.29 23:12 NeroSempai He vuelto a casa ya XD, Muy buenos días estos 3 últimos.
Bueno luego de estos 3 días jamás me había sentido tan relajado, en casa de Shaun, sus padres son increíbles, se llevan muy bien conmigo, incluso bromean conmigo diciendo que cuando me boy a casar con su "pequeña", y ahora que lo pienso, quizá en uno o 2 años, todo depende de cómo vayan las cosas en este han ido muy bien, jamás me había tomado un noviazgo tan en serio, además Shaun es la octava maravilla, no es pesado, ni paranoico, un poco celoso si Xd tanto así que tiene celos cuando veo los magumbos de rías gremory o akeno y lo mejor es que me dice que cuando nos casemos se operara para tener unos más grande xdxdxd eso me mata de risa siempre, pero la verdad es que es tierno el como quiere seguir manteniendome a su lado Xd, si llegara a operarse y el así lo desea, le apoyaré :3, espero que no llegue un man con los mismos gustos que yo a intentar robarme a Shaun por qué ya me encariñé xd, bueno hasta aquí el informe Joaquín xdxd nos vemos amigos y amigas, tengan buenas tardes o noches, o días xd
submitted by NeroSempai
to espanol [link] [comments]
2020.08.25 23:18 zgabaz Amigaaaaa. Vc não vai acreditar!!!!
Tenho o maior b-a-b-a-d-o pra te contar. Aiii, sabe o meu boy? Issooooo, o gustavo. Lindoooo. A gente tava sem se ver porque eu tinha ido pra Londres antes da quarentena neh ai toda aquela correria piriri pororó (e um monte de boy lindo la amigaaaaaah, todos se pareciam com os meninos do Artich Monkeys). Mas enfim, ele veio aqui em casa no fim de semana né. Ai, a mãe dele tava toda doida que piririr pororó quarentena. To enjoada sabe? Ai o gustavo bateu boca com ela e veio. Amigaaaaaa, Ai ele me contou você acredita que o Matheus terminou com a Cláudia? Ai mas ela é a maior vagabunda também né? Vamos combinar. O coitado ganhava mais chifre do que abraço da namorada. Mas também né amigah? Com aquela cara de tonto só por deus. Parecia um pug encardido kkkkkkkkkkkk Mas aí tá bom né. Meu pai chegou em casa, eu e o gustavo tavamos ficando no sofá. Ai chegou meu pai. Vc sabe como o velho é neh? Ja veio reclamar: Ain priscila mas que putaria é essa nao que criei pra ser vagabunda vc é moça de familia pipi popo sua irmã só tem 11 anos como vc deixa ela ver essas coisas nhem nhem nem piriri pororó. Aquela chatice de velho sexualmente frustrado que precisade três cartelas de viagra pra comer as putas da firma dele sabe? Ai já veio reclamar que a conta do cartão tava alta e que eu uso muito uber que da ultima vez ele pagou quinheiros reais de uber piriri pororó; Ai, um cafona né amiga? Mas mas agora me falaaaaaaa. Como foi sua viagem pra Paris?
submitted by zgabaz
to circojeca [link] [comments]
2020.08.20 13:44 Jackobi [PC, MS-DOS][early to mid 90s]Clown family side scroller game where you turn the world from B&W to colour by walking
Platform(s): PC, MS-DOS Genre: Side scroler Estimated year of release: early to mid 90s Graphics/art style: Cartoony, pixel graphics. Colour palate might resemble an Amiga port. Notable characters: Clown family (Dad, mom, boy clown, girl clown(?)
Notable gameplay mechanics: While going through the levels you were also painting a black and white world everywhere you were walking de-blob style. I think that instead of lives you had this clown family where you lost the ability to control a character if you lost a life using him.
submitted by Jackobi
to tipofmyjoystick [link] [comments]
2020.08.19 17:24 celesleonhart [Master System or SNES] [90s] Platformer where you dog has been taken to a kennel and you need to rescue him
Platform(s): SNES or Master System presumably. Those were the home consoles, but small possibility of any computer platform (Amiga / Windows)
Genre: Platformer. Reminds me of the SNES Addams Family.
Estimated year of release: Early 90s.
Graphics/art style: 2D and cartoon, I think. Little bit spooky.
Notable characters: Hero I think is a young boy. The villains are classic caricatures that take the dog away. And the dog.
Notable gameplay mechanics: I think household objects would attack you. I remember hoovers the most. One level is the home, and another one is the kennel itself.
Other details: I'm pretty sure the crux of the game is that the dog has been taken. The most distinguishing feature I remember is the household objects attacking you.
Thanks for your help.
submitted by celesleonhart
to tipofmyjoystick [link] [comments]